Wednesday

A year in review



      Happy  2014!! I feel like it was just a few weeks ago that I was celebrating 2013 with friends here in Germany. This just shows me that our time here in Europe is going by so fast and will be gone in no time. We’ve officially been living in Germany for a year and a half now. That means we’ve got another year and a half to go and I’m sure it’s going to fly by. We have so many places we still want to go but I also love looking back on places we’ve already been! Check out some of the new places I got to visit this year.

Samnaun, Switzerland (for skiing)
Garmisch, Germany (for skiing)
Venice, Italy
Lake Bled, Slovenia
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Ć kocjan Caves and Predjama Castle, Slovenia

PlitviceLakes, Croatia

Split, Vis, Zadar and Krk, Croatia

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Bamberg, Germany
Pilsen, Czech Republic
Paris, France
Lichtenstein, Germany
Zurich, Switzerland
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
And we just celebrated New Years in Berlin

Places I’ve revisited this year:

Prague, Czech Republic
Nurnberg, Germany
Munich, Germany (Oktoberfest)
Ludwigsburg, Germany (Pumpkin Festival)
Rothenburg, Germany

     I also got to fly back to the states twice, once in May for a week and again in October for 6 weeks (because my husband was deployed).

     Looking back on so many amazing memories, I realize how blessed I am to have been able to see so many new places and be able to experience them with friends and family! I’m also very lucky that I did so much traveling considering my husband deployed in June. His 9 month deployment was cut short to just 6 months and he came home on Christmas Eve!! Even though he was gone half the year I still had the opportunity to travel and see new places! Now that he’s home our travel list is longer than ever and we can’t wait to get out and explore more places!!

On our to do list for 2014

London, England
Dublin, Ireland
Edinburgh, Scotland
Belgium
Normandy, France
The Black Forest
Barcelona, Spain
Multiple places in Poland

And SO many more places!!

     I hope all of you have a blessed and happy New Year! Even if you don’t live in Europe, get out and travel! It’s amazing the things you can learn by exploring new things around you!